Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
BadgerCare Plus Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Wisconsin provide BadgerCare Plus?
- To make sure that every child in Wisconsin has access to affordable health insurance.
- To expand health insurance coverage and provide enhanced benefits to more pregnant women,
- To provide health insurance to more parents and caretaker relatives.
- To make it easier to enroll in health insurance coverage.
- To ensure that 98 percent of Wisconsin residents have access to quality, affordable health care.
Who is eligible?
- All children under age 19, with income at or below 300% of the federal poverty level (FPL).
- Pregnant women with incomes up to 300% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).
- Parents and relatives caring for a child up to 100% of the FPL.
- As of January 1, 2014, BadgerCare benefits are available to all Former Foster Care Youth younger than 26 years old, regardless of income.
- Farm families and other families who are self-employed may be eligible under BadgerCare Plus if their income is under 200% of the FPL. BadgerCare Plus has a new way of counting depreciation that will help more families enroll.
- Parents whose child/children are in foster care and you have a reunification plan in place may be eligible for BadgerCare Plus if their income is below 100% of the federal poverty level.
Additional Enrollment Requirements
- You must live in Wisconsin.
- You must provide proof of citizenship and identity.
- If you are currently insured, you might still be eligible. In some cases, the state may pay your monthly premium so you can keep your other insurance.
You are leaving this site.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.