Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) Behavioral Health Services Only (BHSO) Frequently Asked Questions

If you are not enrolled in the Washington Apple Health (Medicaid), you may be eligible. To find out if you qualify visit wahealthplanfinder.org or call 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604.

If you are currently enrolled in Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) and would like to change to UnitedHealthcare Community Plan we can help. Call 1-866-686-9323, TTY 711. You can also go to wahealthplanfinder.org or call 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604 to choose UnitedHealthcare Community Plan.

For more information on Washington Apple Health (Medicaid), visit the Washington State Apple Health website.

Currently, this plan is available in all counties, but UnitedHealthcare Community Plan only offers the plan in the following counties: Clallam, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Pierce, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, Thurston, Wahkiakum, and Whatcom.

Members of Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) will receive two ID cards

One from UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and one from Washington State called your ProviderOne ID card. Every family member enrolled in the plan should have his or her own ID cards.

Washington Member ID Card
You will need your UnitedHealthcare Community Plan ID card and your ProviderOne card for all visits to the doctor, hospital, and pharmacist. If you haven't received your ID cards within one week of your effective date of enrollment with UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, please contact Member Services, at 1-877-542-8997. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711 Washington Medicaid Member ID Card

We will be happy to send you a new one. Please contact Member Services toll-free, at 1-877-542-8997. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711. You can also go to myuhc.com/communityplan, register, and print a copy of your card.

If you move, you will need to contact one of the following agencies to let them know your new address.

Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) – Family Coverage, with Premium (SCHIP) or Foster Care Please visit wahealthplanfinder.org or call 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604.

Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) –Blind/Disable please call your DSHS Community Service Office (CSO) or if you do not know the number in your area, call DSHS toll free, at 1-877-501-2233, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you are hearing or speech impaired, call TTY/TDD 1-800-848-5429.

UnitedHealthcare Community Plan

1111 3rd Ave, Suite 1100
Seattle, WA 98101

Medicaid is a program funded by the federal and state governments, which pays for medical care for those who can't afford it. Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) is Washington State’s Medicaid managed care program for Adults and Families.

To see if you qualify please visit wahealthplanfinder.org or call 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604.

For more information about eligibility or for additional information on Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) information, please visit the Health Care Authority website.

You can apply for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) on any computer with an internet connection at Washington Healthplanfinder, wahealthplanfinder.org.

When you're ready to apply, you'll need this information:

  • Your household monthly income.
  • The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
  • Your immigration information, if that applies to you.

It should take about 45 minutes to apply online — and you'll get a response right away. If you need additional assistance, you can call 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604 or visit wahealthplanfinder.org to find a list of in-person assisters in your area that can help you apply.

See the Health Care Authority website for more information on how to apply for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid).

We are available and eager to hear from our members about any questions, complaints or concerns you may have. If you have a grievance, please call Member Services toll-free, at 1-877-542-8997. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711.

If Member Services can't resolve your grievance, or if you aren't happy with the response you get, please send your grievance in writing to:

Grievance Coordinator
Attention: Appeals and Grievance
P.O. Box 31364
Salt Lake City, UT 84131-0364

In your letter, please include your name, address, subscriber ID numbers, the reason for your grievance, and any other information you think is important.

For more information, see the Grievance and Appeals Process

If you have questions about grievances and appeals, please call us toll-free, at 1-877-542-8997. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY: 711.

Fraud and abuse are serious offenses. There can be penalties under law. You can report fraud or abuse by calling Member Services. Or call 1-866-242-7727. You do not have to give or leave your name.

For more information or to report online go here.

To report incorrect information, email provider_directory_invalid_issues@uhc.com. This email box is for members to report potential inaccuracies for demographic (address, phone, etc.) information in the online or paper directories. Reporting issues via this mail box will result in an outreach to the provider’s office to verify all directory demographic data, which can take approximately 30 days. Individuals can also report potential inaccuracies via phone. UHC Members should call the number on the back of their ID card, and non-UHC members can call 1-888-638-6613 TTY 711.

Washington Apple Health / UnitedHealthcare logos

Learn More

Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) Behavioral Health Services Only (BHSO)


Ready to get started?

The Washington Behavioral Health Services Only (BHSO) plan specialists can answer questions and help you enroll.

Call us. 
Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific Time

TTY: 711

Learn about the steps to enroll.

Get the details.

Visit the Washington Health Plan Finder site for more information on eligibility and enrollment.

Or call

Interpreter Services
We can also assist with interpreter services, including American Sign Language. To ask for help, please call 1-877-542-8997, TTY 711, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Already a member?

You have access to our member-only website. Print ID cards and more. View our handbook below.

Member Handbook