UnitedHealthcare Dual Advantage How To Enroll

You can apply for Medicaid in any one of the following ways: Write, phone, or go to your local department of social services. You can also mail in an application to your local department of social services, or apply with the help of an enrollment facilitator.

In New York City, contact the Human Resources Administration by calling 1-718-557-1399. Residents of the five boroughs of New York City may call toll free at 1-877-472-8411.

Residents of New York City can mail applications to the Human Resources Administration at:
Initial Eligibility Unit
HRA/Medical Assistance Program
P.O. Box 2798
New York, NY 10117-2273

Pregnant women and children can apply at many clinics and hospitals. Call your local department of social services to find out where you can apply.

If you are in a facility operated by the New York State Office of Mental Health, contact the Patient Resource Office.

If you are in a facility certified by the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities, contact the Revenue Support Office.

What do I need to apply for Medicaid?

  • Proof of age, like a birth certificate
  • Proof of citizenship or alien status*
  • Recent paycheck stubs (if you are working)
  • Proof of your income from sources like Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veteran's Benefits (VA), retirement
  • If you or anyone who lives with you is 65 years old or older, certified blind, or certified disabled, you need to give information on bank accounts, insurance policies and other resources
  • Proof of where you live, like a rent receipt, landlord statement, mortgage statement, or envelope from mail you received recently
  • Insurance benefit card or the policy (if you have any other health insurance)
  • Medicare Benefit Card (the red, white and blue card)

*NOTE: Medicaid coverage is available, regardless of alien status, if you are pregnant or require treatment for an emergency medical condition. A doctor must certify that you are pregnant or had an emergency, and you must meet all other eligibility requirements.