UnitedHealthcare Dual Advantage Asked Questions

UnitedHealthcare Dual Advantage is UnitedHealthcare's plan name for Medicaid Advantage. Enrollment is voluntary for eligible recipients. Eligibility criteria: Must have Medicare Part A and Part B coverage., Must have full Medicaid coverage. Must be 18 years of age or older. Must otherwise not be excluded from enrolling in Medicaid managed care. *Must enroll in the same plan for both Medicare and Medicaid services.

Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people who are age 65 or older, disabled persons, or those with end-stage kidney disease. Medicare eligibility is not based on income, and basic coverage is the same in each state.

When you apply for Medicaid, you must fill out an application form. You will also need to have various documents:

  • Information about household members (name, date of birth and Social Security number)
  • Rent or mortgage information
  • Expenses (utilities, daycare, etc.)
  • Vehicle information
  • Bank statements
  • Income (pay stubs)
  • Proof of disability or medical records showing a lasting medical condition
  • Recent medical bills
  • Proof of citizenship
  • Additional information as requested

You will receive an ID card for your child after you enroll that shows you are a member of the UnitedHealthcare Dual Advantage program. Carry the ID card with you at all times and show the ID card each time you receive medical care. Showing your card makes sure that medical bills for covered services are not sent to you.

If you have questions or problems, call Member Services at 1-800-493-4647. We can help with:

  • Any concerns you may have about your health care benefits or services
  • Answers to questions about how to get services
  • Health education information
  • Errors on the UnitedHealthcare ID card

If you have questions about premium payment, please call toll-free 1-877-229-3439.

Please have the UnitedHealthcare ID card available when you call so we can help you sooner.

We can help you if you do not speak or understand English. If you need an interpreter, please call Member Services at 1-800-493-4647 and notify our representatives what languages you speak.