Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Welcome to UnitedHealthcare Community Plan's Newsletters for Louisiana
Our HealthTalk newsletter is now online.
The newsletter is a great way to learn about our health plan and important health topics. Now you can read it whenever, wherever you want. Check back quarterly for a new edition.
English (Opens in a new tab)
PDF 1.57MB - Last Updated: 04/21/2023
We are here for you, Louisiana
If you or your loved ones have been affected by severe weather and flooding from Hurricane Ida, we want to make sure you have everything you need to stay healthy. That includes helping you get medical supplies, emotional support, community services and more.
- Medication, medical services or equipment – call Member Services at 1-866-675-1607 (TTY 711) for help getting any of these or to speak with a Member Advocat
- Rides to and from the doctor’s office and other medical appointments – call 1-866-726-1472
- NurseLine – To speak with a nurse 24/7, call 1-877-440-9409 (TTY 711)
- Healthy First Steps Hurricane Ida Helpline - Pregnant and postpartum members can talk to a nurse to get the help and resources needed in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, 7 am - 6 pm, local time, Monday - Friday. Call 1-225-316-5061 (mobile).
- All emergencies – dial 9-1-1
- 24/7 crisis support services – call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 to talk with someone about feeling sad, stressed or overwhelmed because of Hurricane Ida and disaster-related challenges
- 24/7 emotional support – the Optum Emotional Support Help Line service is free of charge and open to anyone who wants help dealing with substance abuse, stress or anxiety. Call 1-866-342-6892
- 24/7 substance use support – call the Mental Illness and Addiction Crisis Line at 1-866-675-1607 (TTY 711)
Shelter, food and other help
- For general Hurricane Ida resources, call 2-1-1 or visit Louisiana211.org
- Emergency shelter – text “LASHELTER” to 898211
- Food assistance – contact DSNAP (Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) by texting “LADSNAP” to 898211 or visiting dcfs.la.gov/page/dsnap-registration
- FEMA disaster assistance – call 1-800-621-3362 or sign up online at https://www.disasterassistance.gov to get your FEMA ID and apply for assistance
- FEMA Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) Hotel Locator – call the FEMA Helpline from 7 a.m.-1 a.m. ET, 7 days a week, at 1-800-621-3362 or TTY 1-800-462-7585
- You must have a FEMA ID and approval from FEMA to participate.
- If you use a relay service (a videophone, InnoCaption, CapTel, etc.), please provide your number assigned to that service. FEMA must be able to contact you. Be aware that phone calls from FEMA come from an unidentified number.
- Financial and legal matters – call Member Services at 1-866-675-1607; you may be referred to community resources that can help