Hmm … it looks like your browser is out of date.
Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
Fighting Healthcare Fraud
Fraud and waste in the Medicare program hurts everyone. If you suspect a possible case of fraud, please report it to us immediately. Here are some examples of fraud:
- Someone pretends to represent Medicare or Social Security and asks for your Social Security number, bank account or credit card numbers, money, etc.
- Medicare prescription drug plan discriminates against you because of age, health, race, religion or income.
- A Medicare prescription drug plan encourages you to cancel your enrollment.
- An organization offers you cash or a gift worth more than $15 to sign up for a plan.
- A pharmacy bills you for drugs you did not receive, or gives you drugs different fom those your doctor ordered. (Pharmacies may provide a generic drug in place of a brand-name drug unless the prescribing physician does not allow substitutions).
To report a potential case of fraud, please call Customer Services at the number on the back of your member ID card. Customer Services will connect you to our dedicated fraud hotline. You may report cases anonymously and we will make every effort to maintain your confidentiality if you wish. We may not be able to guarantee anonymity if law enforcement is involved. We maintain a strict non-retaliation policy for all reports in good faith.
You also may call Medicare directly at 1-877-7SafeRx (1-877-772-3379) or visit www.healthintegrity.org to report possible fraud.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.