UnitedHealthcare Community Plan provides members access to specialized behavioral health services which include mental health and substance use treatment. We're dedicated to improving your health and well-being. Certain groups of members may be covered for different services. Those groups are:
· Members who receive physical and behavioral health services from UnitedHealthcare.
· Members who receive only behavioral health services and non-emergency ambulance transportation from UnitedHealthcare.
· Members who receive behavioral health and non-emergency medical transportation from UnitedHealthcare.
· CSoC (Coordinated System of Care) members who receive only physical health services from UnitedHealthcare.
· Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children under the age of 21. ABA therapy is the design, implementation, and evaluation of environmental modifications using behavioral stimuli and consequences to produce socially significant improvement in human behavior, including direct observation, measurement, and functional analysis of the relations between environment and behavior. ABA-based therapies teach skills through the use of behavioral observation and reinforcement or prompting to teach each step of targeted behavior. ABA-based therapies are based on reliable evidence and are not experimental.
To learn more about your eligibility and plan options, contact Louisiana Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848. Member Services is also available to speak with you at 1-866-675-1607, TTY: 711, Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. We are here to help you get the care that you need.
Toll-Free: 1-866-675-1607, TTY: 711
Available 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday – Friday, excluding state holidays
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Crisis Line Information
Mental Illness and Addiction Crisis Line
Toll-free: 1-866-675-1607, TTY: 711
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
UnitedHealthcare Community Plan provides a 24 hours a day/7 days a week Mental Illness and Addiction Crisis Line at 1-866-675-1607, TTY: 711. Members are encouraged to call the Crisis Line if you are or know someone who is:
Don't wait. You should call 911 or go to the nearest hospital if you are having a life-threatening emergency. Prior authorization is not required for emergency services.
Links to Specialized Behavioral Health Information
Need help dealing with stress, anxiety, depression or other mental health issues? Here are resources and services that may be helpful to you.
LA Office of Behavioral Health
The Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) ensures care and support to improve quality of life for people with mental illness and addictive disorders.
Coordinated System of Care (CSoC)
A philosophy and approach where children with significant mental health and substance use treatment challenges receive the needed services and supports within their homes and communities. CSoC involves:
· Wraparound facilitation (WF) – Wraparound Facilitation is a process where you meet face to face with a staff person, who will help you and your child make decisions about supports and services that you and your family may need to reach your goals. The meetings always include the child or youth, and parent/guardian, and may also include other family members, providers, and anyone who is involved with the youth or family, with the family's approval.; and
· Wraparound Agencies (WAA) – The WAA is responsible for facilitating the wraparound process, developing individualized POCs that cross agencies and assigning one accountable individual to coordinate care.Children and families enrolled in CSoC are eligible to receive:
- Crisis stabilization
- Parent support and training
- Youth support and training
- Independent living/skills building
- Short term respite care
Recovery and Resiliency Services and Support - Recovery is a journey of healing, which allows a person to live a meaningful life in a community of his or her choice. It means striving to achieve your full potential. Resiliency is our own personal ability to bounce back from life's obstacles. As our member, you have access to these resources:
Recovery Coach – someone who's walked the same path you're now taking. Plus, he or she has received training to provide the support you may need. Your recovery coach will get to know you and be there for you every step of the way.
Peer Coaching Services – a form of community support services aimed at helping adults with mental health and substance use treatment conditions. The services aim to help you feel empowered and engaged in your recovery or help parents of children with mental health and substance use treatment issues navigate the health care system and better support their children.
Peer Support – a good way to learn is to connect with people who offer peer support. You also can:
- Ask your mental health provider for more information.
- Use the Internet to search for the information you want.
- Call Member Services at 1-866-675-1607, TTY: 711.
Online Resources and Face-to-Face Support Groups
Liveandworkwell is a member and family resource site for UnitedHealthcare Community Plan members with behavioral health benefits. The site provides confidential access to professional care, self-help programs, interactive tools and educational resources to help with life's changes and challenges.
Veterans Crisis Line
Are you in the armed services, a veteran or an armed services family member? Prefer to speak with someone from the military?
1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
Send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Or chat online.
Need someone who understands the issues facing LGBTQ youth?
Parents with Young Children: Talking with another parent can be helpful. Find a local advocate and Parent Support Provider here.
Fraud and Abuse
Anyone can report potential fraud and abuse. If you become aware of fraud or abuse, report it using one of the following:
- Member Services at 1-866-675-1607, TTY: 711
- Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals at 1-800-488-2917
- Louisiana Medicaid website: medicaid.la.gov and click on the “Report Fraud” button.
- Mail to:
Medicaid Program Integrity
Attn: Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
P.O. Box 91030
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-9030
- Fax to: Fraud Reporting Fax Line 1-225-219-4155
Healthy Louisiana Plan
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.