To apply for Medicaid, you must fill out an application form.
These items are needed when you apply:
- Information about household members (name, date of birth, address, phone)
- Social Security numbers for applicants
- Health insurance cards
- Permanent Residency Card or other proof from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services for applicants who are not U.S. citizens
- Proof of Income
Some of the following documents may be needed when you apply:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship for applicants who were not born in Louisiana and have never received Social Security Disability, Medicare, or SSI
- Expenses (daycare, child support payments, etc.)
- Vehicle information
- Bank statements
- Income (pay stubs)
- Proof of disability or medical records showing a lasting medical condition
- Recent medical bills
See the DHH web site for more information on how to apply for Louisiana Medicaid.