Let’s update your browser so you can enjoy a faster, more secure site experience.
It’s easy to get a dual special needs plan. There are 3 main steps. First, you’ll want to confirm your eligibility for a dual-eligible plan. Second, find a plan that best meets your health care needs. Then, third, you can sign up for a dual-eligible plan through an agent or online.
Step 1: Confirm your eligibility for this type of dual-eligible health plan
If you have both a Medicare and a Medicaid health plan, most likely you’re dual-eligible and can get a dual special needs plan. Get more details on who is dual-eligible.
Step 2: See what dual-eligible plans we offer in your area
For details about dual-eligible plans where you live and the benefits you could get, please search plans in your state.
Step 3: Sign up for a dual-eligible health plan
Once you’ve decided which dual special needs plan best fits your needs, it’s time to sign up. UnitedHealthcare has sales representatives to help you on the phone. Or you can set up a visit at your home. You can also enroll online. See below for details on how to sign up online.
To enroll in a dual-eligible plan online, applicants fill out and submit an online enrollment application. The person who’s applying will be asked a series of questions, and the system records the answers given.
1. Search plans to find the one you want to join.
2. Click the “Enroll in Plan” button to start the application process.
3. Read and agree to the enrollment disclaimer.
4. Give personal details and answer the questions on each screen.
5. Double-check everything on the application is correct and click “Submit.”
6. Get an email confirming the application has been received. Please note: applicants who don’t give an email address will not get an email confirmation.
7. If the applicant’s eligibility is confirmed by Medicare, they’ll receive a call or email in the first 30 days to welcome them to our plan.
You’ll need to give this information:
Talk with one of our licensed agents. They’ll be happy to answer your questions and enroll you in the dual-eligible plan that’s right for you.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. local time, 7 days a week. Se habla español.
When you call, please have this information handy.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.