Developmentally Disabled Program
Our Arizona Developmentally Disabled Program offers a range of benefits. For children and adults with conditions such as autism, cerebral palsy or other cognitive disabilities View the benefits below to see all that it offers.
More information on eligibility and enrollment can be found on the Arizona Department of Economic Security website.
This plan is available in the following counties: This plan is available statewide.
Benefits & Features
Well and Sick Care
Get the care needed to stay healthy — or to get better if injured or sick. That includes:
- Choice of Doctor. Find a doctor you trust in our network.
- Hospitalization. There are no copays for hospital care.
- Medicines. Fill your prescriptions at local network pharmacies.
- Transportation. We pay for rides to and from medical visits.
- Vision Care. Exams and lenses up to age 21.
Care for Conditions
Members with asthma, diabetes or another long-term condition can depend on us. Our plan makes sure they get the care and services needed. Benefits include:
- Care Coordination. Personal support from an experienced professional as needed.
- Asthma Support. Individual care to help you control asthma or COPD as needed.
Vision, Dental and Hearing Care
We make sure the sight, smile and hearing of members up to age 21 are at their best:
- Vision. Eye exams, frames and lenses are covered.
- Dental. We pay for cleanings, checkups and dental work.
- Hearing. Tests, checkups and hearing aids are included.
Home Care and Supplies
Members recovering from a serious illness or surgery often need extra support. Our plan includes the care and equipment needed to recover safely at home. Benefits include:
- Equipment and Supplies. In-home medical and safety equipment are covered.
Rides and Other Help
Sometimes members need a little extra help using their health plan. For those times, they can rely on:
- Transportation. Our plans provide trips to and from medical visits.
- Interpreters. An interpreter can go with you to medical visits.
- Language Help. Translated materials are available at no cost.
- Social Services. Sometimes a person's health and safety requires help from community programs. We help members connect to community services. Here they can get information about a variety of programs, like:
- Food and housing assistance.
- Community child care.
They can help members get much needed relief in many ways.
- Member Services. Our member services team can help answer questions. They are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Individual care to help control COPD or asthma symptoms.
Having trouble managing your COPD or asthma symptoms? A nurse who specializes in breathing issues can really help. Benefits include a customized treatment plan and medicine to:
- Manage flare-ups.
- Reduce symptoms.
- Help you stay active.
Do you or a loved one have a serious health problem? If so, our care managers are in your corner. They will:
- Explain medical terms in plain language.
- Coordinate your doctor appointments.
- Provide your care team with your medical records.
Your care manager will stay with your loved on the medical journey. He or she will:
- Think beyond your medical needs.
- Make sure you have support at home.
So you can focus on helping your loved being at his or her best.
Choice of Doctor
Every member gets to choose a primary care physician (PCP) who is his or her main doctor. Use the Doctor Lookup tool to see if your child’s doctor is in our network.
For those who don’t have a doctor or whose doctor is not in our network, we can help find a new one close by.
The PCP is the member’s main doctor for:
- Preventive care.
- Treatment for injuries or sickness.
- Referrals to specialists for certain conditions.
Checkups and dental care are covered for members up to age 21.
Exams and cleanings every six months help teeth and gums stay strong and healthy. If there is a dental problem that needs to be fixed, that’s covered as well.
Equipment and Supplies
Your health and safety at home are important.
Our plan covers medical equipment ordered by your doctor. This can include supplies like:
- Hospital beds.
- Oxygen tanks.
- Walkers or wheelchairs.
Trouble hearing can affect everyday life in many ways. Our plan includes services and support to help protect the hearing of members up to age 21.
- Exams, therapy and tests.
- Hearing aids.
This plan pays for all expenses related to a hospital stay.
- Nursing care.
- Supplies and equipment.
- Treatment and therapies.
- Diagnostic tests and exams.
And after leaving the hospital, we make sure each member gets follow-up care, if needed, to continue healing at home.
Your doctor and you need to understand each other. Not speaking English well makes this difficult. We can arrange for a medical interpreter to be at your appointment.
We also have people at member services who speak more than one language. Chances are, we have someone who speaks your language.
You can get information in your preferred language. Just ask. Then anything we write to you will only be in that language. This service is provided at no cost to you.
Our plan includes prescription drugs and refills.
We also cover over-the-counter medicines with a written order from your doctor.
And we make getting your medicine easy. You can fill your prescriptions at:
- Local network pharmacies.
- Services that deliver right to your door.
Health insurance is complex. We can answer your questions simply and completely.
We help you find:
- Hospitals or other health facilities.
- Local resources.
NuseLine at 1-877-440-0255 available 24 hours per day / 7 days a week.
Our plan provides trips to and from medical appointments.
Members in the plan receive vision coverage up to age 21. This coverage includes:
- Regular exams.
- Frames and lenses.
This benefit is offered by Vision Service Plan.
Well visits with your doctor can help keep you healthy. These visits can catch health problems early so they can be treated. Preventive services include:
- Annual checkups.
- Well-baby care.
- Routine shots and tests.
You will not have a copayment for preventive care.
Developmentally Disabled Program