Better health is in the bag.
Learn the tips and tricks for each food group to make healthy choices when you’re at the grocery store.
Breads and Grains
- Choose foods made with whole grains. Brown rice and whole-wheat bread and pasta are great choices.
- Whole grains are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Fruits and Vegetables
- Compare prices between whole and pre-cut fruits and vegetables.
- Choose “low sodium” or “no salt added” canned vegetables.
- Choose canned fruit that is packed in water or its own juices instead of in syrup.
- Choose milk and other dairy foods that are low-fat or non-fat.
- Fish, beans and nuts are great sources of protein.
- Choose lean meats and chicken that have less fat.
- If you buy canned tuna or other fish, choose cans packed with water.
Read the nutrition label.
- Look at calories and consider serving sizes.
More for you.
This link is being made available so that you may obtain information from a third-party website. This link is provided solely as a convenience and is not an endorsement of the content of the third-party website or any products or services offered on that website. We are not responsible for the products or services offered or the content on any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. We do not make any representations regarding the quality of products or services offered, or the content or accuracy of the materials on such websites.