If you think you might qualify for RIte Care, a Family Resource Counselor (FRC) (PDF 15.98 KB) can help you with the RIte Care application (PDF 309.18 KB) and tell you what you need to do to get your application processed by DHS. They can also help you if you have a problem with re-certification.
The Department of Human Services will determine if you qualify for RIte Care. After DHS enrolls you, you will receive a Welcome Packet, ID Card and a Welcome Call.
If you need help with this application, please call 1-401-462-5300.
Five Tips to Keep Your RIte Care
- Remember to renew your RIte Care coverage every year.
- Generally, most families must renew their RIte Care every year. Some families may have to renew more often. You will receive a renewal form in the mail 6-8 weeks before it is due. Complete the renewal form and return it to the Department of Human Services (DHS) immediately.
- Be sure to include copies of the most recent 4 weeks of paystubs or other income with your renewal.
- Call your DHS local office if there are changes in your address, income or family size, especially if you pay a premium.
- DHS information line 1-401-462-5300
- If you have a monthly premium, pay it on time every month.
- Be sure to mail the payment in full by the due date to the address on the bill.
- Not sure if you have a premium, call your local DHS information line.
- Make sure your name is on your mailbox.
- Mail from DHS will not be delivered if your name is not on your mailbox.
- Respond immediately to every request from DHS.
- Not sure what a notice or letter means? Call the DHS information line 1-401-462-5300