Child Health Plus is a New York State health insurance plan for kids. UnitedHealth’s has a Child Health Plus program and the name of this program is UnitedHealthcare Community Plan for Kids. Your child may be eligible for Child Health Plus or Children’s Medicaid depending upon your family income and household size. To join UnitedHealthcare Community Plan for Kids, you must complete an application and provide documents
What documents will I need when I apply for Child Health Plus?
When you apply for Child Health Plus, you must fill out an application form. You will also need to have various documents:
- Information about household members (name, date of birth and Social Security number)
- Rent or mortgage information
- Expenses (utilities, daycare, etc.)
- Vehicle information
- Bank statements
- Income (pay stubs), child support, SSI awards
- Proof of disability or medical records showing a lasting medical condition
- Recent medical bills
- Proof of citizenship
- Additional information as requested
Who do I call if I have questions?
If you have questions or problems, call Member Services at 1-800-493-4647. We can help with:
• Any concerns you may have about your child’s health care benefits or services
• Answers to questions about how to get services
• Health education information
• Errors on the UnitedHealthcare ID card
If you have questions about premium payment, please call toll-free 1-877-229-3439. Please have the UnitedHealthcare ID card available when you call so we can help you sooner.