Enrollment in UnitedHealthcare Personal Assist is voluntary.
To enroll you must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have, or be eligible for, Medicaid
- Reside in the plan's service area (Albany, Broome, Bronx, Erie, Kings, Monroe, New York, Oneida, Onondaga, Orange, Queens, Richmond, Rockland counties).
- UnitedHealthcare Personal Assist will be available in other counties in New York State, please check this website or call 1-855-345-6582 to find out if you are eligible to join.
- Be able to live safely at home
- Require Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) (requires clinical assessment)
- Have a physician who agrees to collaborate with the plan/applicant to write orders for covered services
- Have a health assessment completed by a UnitedHealthcare Personal Assist nurse using the NY State Department of Health approved assessment tool
If you would like to enroll in UnitedHealthcare Personal Assist, please call 1-855-345-MLTC 1-855-345-6582, and we will contact you to schedule an appointment for an eligibility and health assessment.