Through UnitedHealthcare Community Plan, all covered members of your family will receive many health care benefits. To get more information about your covered benefits, please read your UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Member Handbook (PDF 758.62 KB) or call Member Services at 1-866-675-1607 (TTY: 711).
To apply for Medicaid, you must fill out an application form.
These items are needed when you apply:
- Information about household members (name, date of birth, address, phone)
- Social Security numbers for applicants
- Health insurance cards
- Permanent Residency Card or other proof from U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services for applicants who are not U.S. citizens
- Proof of Income
Some of the following documents may be needed when you apply:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship for applicants who were not born in Louisiana and have never received Social Security Disability, Medicare, or SSI
- Expenses (daycare, child support payments, etc.)
- Vehicle information
- Bank statements
- Income (pay stubs)
- Proof of disability or medical records showing a lasting medical condition
- Recent medical bills