Learn the tips and tricks for each food group to make healthy choices when you’re at the grocery store.
Breads and Grains
• Choose foods made with whole grains. Brown rice and whole-wheat bread and pasta are great choices.
• Whole grains are a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Fruits and Vegetables
• Compare prices between whole and pre-cut fruits and vegetables.
• Choose “low sodium” or “no salt added” canned vegetables.
•Choose canned fruit that is packed in water or its own juices instead of in syrup.
• Choose milk and other dairy foods that are low-fat or non-fat.
• Fish, beans and nuts are great sources of protein.
• Choose lean meats and chicken that have less fat.
• If you buy canned tuna or other fish, choose cans packed with water.
Read the nutrition label.
• Look at calories and consider serving sizes.
If you have any questions about your health plan, our member advocates are here for you. Just call 1-877-542-8997, TTY 711. Or visit us online at myuhc.com/CommunityPlan.
So many benefits to being a member.
No matter where you are in life, your plan has benefits and services designed to help you stay healthy.
Prevention is the best medicine.
Your annual wellness visit is an important part of your health care. It is included in your UnitedHealthcare health plan at no additional cost to you.